Potential Matches

“Breaking down and coming undone, it's a roller coaster kind of rush.” That’s the way I loved you


“Look what I got!” Ajabdeh waved the envelope in her hand before placing it down on the coffee table of the Sisodiya house. The parents were having tea together, planning a holiday trip to Austria, while Pratap sat a little away on the desk by the window, working on his laptop. Her words made him turn as she disregarded his presence.

“It's an invite to the birthday bash of Phool Kanwar Rathore.” She smiled. 

“Oh, that heiress who made news with a good deal recently?” Her father raised his brows as she nodded. “You'd better go, it's good for making connections.”

Ajabdeh nodded. “I met her at a conference a year back, and we exchanged contact information. When she heard about my role in the company, she extended an invitation.” She opened the envelope and extended it to Udai Singh, “There is one for a representation of both the families.” She said suggestively. Jaivanta eyed them as Udai feigned to think about the invite and turned her glance to Pratap, who wore a frown as he stared at Ajabdeh. Jaivanta eyed Ajabdeh, ignoring his presence and sighed.

“Well, it will be better if Pratap goes, right?” Udai turned to his firstborn, who shrugged. “Where is it?”

“It's in Jodhpur, Bade Papa.” Ajabdeh shrugged, “I never knew birthdays could be a two-day event.”


Pratap stood up from his chair and walked up to them as Ajabdeh described that a party would be held for dinner and cake cutting at midnight, followed by a brunch the next morning. “Why don’t you send Shakti and Heer?” He interrupted her. Ajabdeh inhaled. 

“Because she sent the invite in my name.” 

“Then go alone. I don’t want to attend the birthday party of some woman I don’t know.” Pratap shook his head.

“Come on, son.” Udai shook his head. “This is how you make contacts and expand businesses.” He eyed his wife for support as Jaivanta smiled faintly and nodded. “I think you should go with Ajabdeh.” Pratap stared at his mother, nodding as he shook his head, collected his laptop and walked away. Ajabdeh sat down with the parents, talking about some themes and the achievements of the Rathores in the industry. 


Rukaiya stood up from her seat, a little startled as she eyed her mother and Hamida staring at her with hopeful eyes. Rukaiya could not believe Hamida just suggested what she did.

“You…” She gulped, “You want this because you think nobody will marry me after what I…” Sultanam looked a little terrified at her daughter’s words. She had never seen it from Rukaiya’s perspective. Hamida stood up, shaking her head firmly. “No, not at all.” She said firmly. “I know there is nobody better for my Jalal. You have seen the people he chooses end up hurting him.” She looked worried as Rukaiya looked up at her words. “You have known each other since childhood, and you have known every secret…”

“But he has always been protective of me like a brother, I have never…” Rukaiya breathed in. Hamida smiled faintly. “I guess it was a bad idea. I thought you would make him happy.” She shook her head. Rukaiya, in the moment, remembered all the times Hamida never treated her any differently than Jalal. All the time, she was grateful for everything in her life because of them. Rukaiya exchanged a glance with her mother as she seemed to read the same thought in Sultanam’s mind. “I… I need time to think.” She felt like she could not breathe as she walked out into the hallway.

“Should you not have asked Jalal first?” Sultanam spoke in a whisper as Hamida shook her head, “I know my son. He would agree if she does.” Hamida said firmly. Rukaiya’s heart skipped a beat as she walked into her room and sank onto the bed. Her eyes fell on the pictures on the wall. Her with Ajabdeh, Jalal and Shakti. Of her candid moments, he clicked. Her phone wallpaper was from the Agra trip, in front of the Anguri Bagh, Agra Fort. She wondered to herself what Hamida meant. Why would Jalal agree if she did? Would it not be out of pity? Who could she talk to? Rukaiya picked up her cell phone with trembling hands.


“Rukaiya, stop sobbing and tell me what is wrong.” Ajabdeh sounded worried as she stepped out of her office and found a balcony for a better network. “Hello? Rukaiya?” Ajabdeh’s eyes widened as she looked shocked. “They said WHAT?” Ajabdeh breathed in, “Oh my God!” She held the railing with one hand, maybe to believe that she was not dreaming. “What did you say?”

“I don’t know, Ajab, I can’t disappoint them. I just can’t. But… What if Jalal misunderstands me? I don’t want to lose a friend, Ajab. Ajab?” Rukaiya sobbed. Ajabdeh sighed and shook her head.

“Listen to me, you are thinking of others again. We promised we would not go back to that road, right?” She reminded Rukaiya. “What do you want?” There was silence. Ajabdeh’s jaws tightened. “What do you want, Ruqs?”

“I… don’t know!” Rukaiya hid her face in the pillow and groaned. “I honestly wish I did. So I called you.”

“Okay, let me think…” Ajabdeh paced the small balcony. “Breathe with me.” Rukaiya breathed in and out like Ajabdeh directed her. “I think you should talk to Jalal.” Rukaiya gasped at her suggestion. 

“Are you crazy?” She exclaimed. “What will I tell him?”

“Everything they told you, same to the same. Decide together.” Ajabdeh seemed calm. “I am sure he is better at handling this kind of situation than you or me. Also, you two have an understanding, and you communicate. Why not do it now? Decide whether to let them down or obey them. Together.” Rukaiya was silent on the other side, imagining how the conversation would go down. “I… I can’t. It's too embarrassing.”

“It's better than losing your mind over it. I am sure they will want an answer soon, and you don’t want misunderstandings with him.” Ajabdeh shrugged. Rukaiya’s throat was dry as her voice trembled. “What would you have done had you been…” Ajabdeh smiled faintly. “Don’t get me wrong…” She paused. “I think Jalal is one of the nicest guys we have known, right? He will make a caring partner.” Rukaiya could not help but agree. “But Ajab, what about me?”

“You?” Ajabdeh was surprised as she chuckled. “You, Mohtarma, are the nicest person on this planet. You have my blessings, if that is what you wanted to hear.”

“Ajab, I… I am scared.” Rukaiya sounded unsure.

“Ask yourself, what are you scared of? Him rejecting the idea or you accepting it?” Ajabdeh could hear her breath as she smiled faintly. “Because either way… Rukaiya, you would have felt worse with some random guy you wouldn’t know, right?” Rukaiya tried to shove away the feeling by asking about Pratap.

“I am taking him to meet someone. In Jodhpur.” She eyed her watch, “In a few hours. So keep me updated if you talk to Jalal. Okay?”

“YOU are taking him?” Rukaiya sounded shocked. Ajabdeh chuckled. “Yes, otherwise Bade Papa is sure he will run away.”

“Ajab, what are you doing?” Rukaiya frowned. “Should you not talk to him?”

“About what?” Ajabdeh shrugged, “We have nothing to talk about except work. Whenever we try, we end up fighting.”

“But…” Rukaiya sounded unsure.

“Rukaiya, stop thinking of him and focus on yourself, okay?” Ajabdeh reminded her. Ajabdeh disconnected the call and wondered. A part of her thought that Jalal and Rukaiya were a nice idea. Another part of her felt odd that she never thought Rukaiya would consider it. Did Rukaiya feel something perhaps she was unaware of?


Ajabdeh had arrived at the airport early in the evening as she came straight from work. Phool had emailed her the details of the hotel and venue, and she dragged the trolley Heer had packed for her to a lonely area and sat down, suppressing a yawn. When she had left work, Pratap had already gone home. She wondered if she could get a seat away from him to avoid an awkward flight. Ajabdeh removed the sunglasses from over her head and put them in her handbag.

“Ah, eager to meet your best friend, I see…” Pratap made her turn around as he approached her in casual jeans and a t-shirt, and Ajabdeh frowned.

“You are underdressed.” She stated plainly. “There will be Paps.”

“I know what you are trying to do here.” He sat down beside her and shook his head. “It is not going to work.”

“What?” Ajabdeh looked clueless. “I have no idea what you mean.”

“I bet Dad put you up to this.” He shook his head. “I am not marrying a random person who makes you and your Bade Papa happy with business expansions.” His choice of words amused Ajabdeh. She wore a smile on the edge of her lips, tilted her head a little and eyed him. “You are so self-obsessed.”

“Oh, am I?” Pratap eyed her, “Or maybe I know you better than you think?” Ajabdeh’s smile vanished as she looked away. “You wish.” She murmured.

“Before you could change seats, I made arrangements.” He made her frown. “I am not sitting alone for the entire flight.”

“You are so annoying.” Ajabdeh shook her head. “I can’t stand you.”

“I know. Right?” He smiled, eyeing her. 


Jalal dialled Rukaiya’s number as soon as she texted, “We need to talk.” Rukaiya stared at his number flashing for a while before she cleared her throat and picked it up. “Hi.” She tried to sound normal.

“What’s wrong?” he sounded worried. “Is everything okay with you?” Rukaiya suddenly felt something in the pit of her stomach as she licked her dry lips. “Umm… we need to talk about something…”

“Is it Pratap and Ajabdeh again? Look, Rukaiya, I don't want to get involved in their little game of hide and seek.” He sounded annoyed as she shook her head. “No, No. It's… about… me.” Rukaiya found it odd to even utter “us”. Jalal sounded more worried. Rukaiya refused to talk on the phone. 

“I will come by next weekend, and we can talk.” She reassured him. Jalal refused.

“I am coming tomorrow.” He shocked her.

“You have classes.”

“I can skip.” He suggested. “You said you need to talk, and there is nothing more important than that.” Rukaiya’s heart skipped a beat as she suddenly remembered Hamida’s words.

“But… you can’t come home.” Rukaiya blurted. “I mean… they can’t know I called you.”

“Okay, I will come by and give you a call. We will meet somewhere, and then I will stay the night at a hotel and leave. Sounds good?” Jalal waited for her response.

“You don’t have to go to these lengths for me.” Rukaiya tried to sound normal. “It could wait till the weekend.”

“I will decide that.” Jalal smiled. “See you tomorrow.”


Phool Kanwar Rathore was turning twenty-five. She was an heiress, liked to party and knew her worth. If rumours were to be believed, she dated but never settled because she found no time for it. However, both her grandfather and she agreed that she would settle the moment she found the right alliance. She wanted to grow her brand globally and also wanted to open designer boutiques under her brand name in the future. The party she threw not only had the who's who from all areas of life, but there was not a celebrity missing. Pratap felt underdressed as soon as he stepped into the hotel lobby. He eyed Ajabdeh, who smiled, annoyingly amused as if she could read his mind. She left him alone and went to mingle. The party was due to start at ten. Pratap asked for the keys to his room. He was guided there by one of the staff. Ajabdeh arrived a while later, annoyed that she was given the room beside him.

“You should mingle more often for the sake of business.” She rebuked him at his closed door before walking away to her room.


When Pratap stepped out that evening in his Burgundy suit teamed with black loafers and a white shirt, he contemplated knocking at her door. Before he could, his phone rang with her number. Instead of answering, he rang the bell, and she opened the door.

“Ah, Thank God. Help me.” Ajabdeh dragged him inside by the hand before he could react. She turned to the full-length mirror, and he could see her black cocktail dress, the halter neck exposing her bare back, a pair of diamond earrings and a bracelet to complete her look. His eyes hovered over the undone zipper in the back as he gulped. 

“Heer forgot I don’t travel with an entourage like she does.” Ajabdeh snapped. “Can you…” Pratap inhaled as he nodded. He walked forward as she checked her hair, locks falling over her shoulder away from the zipper, as he touched the slider, carefully avoiding brushing his finger against her bare skin and breathed in. Why are you doing this, Ajabdeh?

“Did you say something?” She seemed to jolt him as he shook his head and zipped her dress. “Great, let’s go. Remember to wish Phool.” She smiled at herself in the mirror as he eyed her and picked up the lipstick she had applied to put it in her small purse.

“Did Jalal call you?” Her question made him look up at her, raising his brows. “Did he talk about Rukaiya?” She clarified. Pratap looked confused.

“What about Rukaiya?” He asked. “Is she okay?” Ajabdeh inhaled. “Never mind, she will be. Don’t tell him I asked.” She looked worried for a second before she stepped out, and he followed. 


“Pratap, right?” Phool shook hands as Pratap smiled. “Should I say, Your Highness or Kunwarsa?” She clarified. Pratap let out an amused chuckle. “I am sure nobody in the village also calls me that now, so Pratap is fine, Rajkumari.”

“It’s Phool then.” She extended her hand to him as he shook it.

“Might I say, you look fine.” Pratap wished her a compliment that made her smile. “Do you dance?”

“It depends on who I am dancing with…” He shrugged. 

“I think the birthday girl would be special.” Phool smiled flirtishly, giving him her hand as he kissed it, and she dragged him to the dance floor. Ajabdeh froze at the bar while picking up her drink as she watched them from the other end of the party.

“Am I right?” The man in front of her smiled about something she had no idea about. All she knew was that he was a diamond merchant complimenting her heirloom earrings. She forced a smile and tried hard to concentrate on her drink. Her eyes failed her. She found herself staring at the dance floor once again, watching Pratap laugh at something Phool whispered into his ears, his hands on her waist, travelling to her back, him twirling her on the dance floor, her crashing into him. Ajabdeh emptied the drink and asked for another. 

“You want to dance?” The man asked. Ajabdeh nodded. She could feel her phone vibrate in her purse, but she did not care. It was probably Udai Singh asking how the plan was going. She held the man’s collar as they hit the dance floor. 


Pratap’s smile faded the moment he twirled Phool and found Ajabdeh dancing with a man. Phool followed his gaze and let out a giggle, “So, since when do you know Ajabdeh?”

“Since forever.” He smiled as Phool wrapped her arms around his neck, drawing closer. “That’s nice, I… have known her for a year. Now I am glad I do.” She smiled flirtishly. Pratap nodded as his eyes travelled once again to Ajabdeh, who clearly surprised the man with her moves. He must have complimented her dancing because she blushed and giggled. Pratap’s ears felt warm. 

“Excuse me.” He let go of Phool’s waist, surprising her as she eyed him. “What’s wrong?”

“I think I have taken too much of the birthday girl’s time.” He smiled politely, “The Paps would make a fuss if we stuck together all night, and the last thing I need is such rumours.” Phool seemed to reluctantly agree as he pushed through the dance floor towards Ajabdeh.


Ajabdeh turned as she felt a tap on her shoulder and found Pratap between her and the confused man.

“Hey, I was dancing with her.” The man suggested. 

“Not anymore.” Pratap shook his head. “We need to talk.” He eyed Ajabdeh, who shook her head. “I want to dance.”

“Fine.” He turned to the man and introduced himself, asking if he could steal Ajabdeh for a moment. The man walked away as Ajabdeh frowned.

“You… need to get there and…” She stopped as he pulled her by the waist towards him, and Ajabdeh stopped before crashing into him.

“What are you…”

“You said you want to dance, I want to talk, so let’s do that together.” The music was loud, and Pratap whispered in her ears, his warm breath erupting her cold shoulder into goosebumps. “Pra…”

“Hush.” He placed his index finger on her lips as she quivered, and he shook his head. “I will talk, you will listen.” She nodded as she fought a sudden urge to kiss him.

Pratap could see it in her eyes as he smiled to himself. “You were wrong.” He took her hands and placed them on his shoulder, drawing her closer by her waist. She frowned at his words cluelessly as he cleared his throat and leaned in, his face close to hers, eyes locked. “You were wrong if you thought I would brush off whatever happened that day, because I can’t. You were wrong if you thought you would treat me as a rebound, and I will let you.”

“I…” Ajabdeh interrupted as he did not let her speak. “I never treated you as a rebound, and I am sorry you thought so.” He shook his head. “ And I don’t need any alliances that will make the future better. I want a better present. I know how I can get that.” Pratap eyed her pale face as she looked away and stepped back, letting go of her waist and holding her hand. “Now, can we go somewhere quieter and talk?” He suggested as she nodded, eyeing the people on the dance floor. She was grateful that most of them were drunk or self-absorbed to notice them. Pratap held her hand firmly in his and led her out of the party into the empty lawn looking over a waterbody and the fort at a distance. Ajabdeh felt like she could breathe again as a sudden hot sensation overcame her being. Ajabdeh perched herself on the wall of the waterbody as he followed her, not letting go of her hand. She eyed the veil of stars above their head and sighed. Pratap tapped his shoes, watching her, unsure of where to start the speech he was so fluent with in his head.

“You know Ranima wants Heer and Shakti engaged soon?” She said abruptly. “She thinks you should be first.”

“So you suggested this?” Pratap narrowed his brows disappointedly as she shrugged. “Actually, Bade Papa did. He thinks it would be good if we had a…”

“Why me?” Pratap protested. “Why not you?” Ajabdeh eyed him.

“Because I am the CEO, and any guy would marry me to penetrate the business, and we don’t want that. We want it to remain Punwar Sisodiya. Like it always was. Just because I am a woman doesn’t mean I can’t fulfil what a son could for my father.” For the first time, Pratap felt like Ajabdeh tried hard to be her father’s son, and it all made sense. She had never mentioned it, nor had Shakti, but her need to excel in everything from her childhood perhaps stemmed from her trying to compensate for not being her father’s son.

“Does he…” Pratap cleared his throat as Ajabdeh shrugged. “He doesn’t need to; it shows.”

“There is another way to do that.” He made her stare a little flustered as she ignored his keen glances. “So I told Ranima I will give away my shares to Heer so that it remains in the family.” She continued.

“Done with your crap?” Pratap almost scolded. “Now tell me how you want to do it.” Ajabdeh frowned a little at his words. “Romantic or traditional?”

“Want what?” Ajabdeh raised her brows as he shrugged. “A proposal, of course.” Ajabdeh got down from the wall, alarmed at his words, her cheeks flushing red, letting go of his hand as he looked amused.

“Are you crazy? Have you not been listening? Bade Papa said…”

“I know what he said, here’s me saying that I want you.” Ajabdeh thought she could not breathe for a moment, and she had heard him wrong. Her heart thumped in her chest. “I need you. And I don’t care if it wrecks the business.” Pratap stepped forward, making her look at him wide-eyed.

“Either you are drunk… or…” Ajabdeh stopped, alarmed, shaking her head.

“Or?” He raised his brows.

“I don’t know.” She looked away. 

“Maybe this will help.” He pulled her by her waist as Ajabdeh looked alert to her surroundings. “There may be Paps who…”

“Let them.” He nudged at her nose with his. 

“You want a page 3 picture tomorrow that you will need to explain to your parents, Mr Goody-two-shoes?” Ajabdeh tried to push him away by his collar as he held her firmly.

“If that is what it takes to convince you, yes.” He nodded. Before Ajabdeh could react, he kissed her softly, pecking at her pouted lips, tasting them. 

“Don’t…” Ajabdeh shook her head. “You are making it hard.” She gulped.

“How exactly?” Pratap shook his head. “It's simple: you, me…”

“You will be annoyed with me after a while. You can’t handle my personality.” She sounded worried as he laughed. “Really? Are you challenging me?”

“No, I am not, I am serious.” Ajabdeh wiggled in his arms in vain. “You know how, after a while, we won’t be able to stand each other. It always happens…”

“I know what always happens. I try looking for you in every person I meet. I act in the most bashful ways out of character when you trigger me.” Pratap made her look worried. “See, that is not…”

“Has there been another person who ever made you feel this way, Ajab? Because nobody made me…” He kissed her again, but this time he parted her lips by holding her chin and tasted the inside of her mouth. She tasted like her last Margarita, and Pratap’s hands travelled from her waist to her hip. Ajabdeh moved a little away, making him stop as she took a breath.

“Don’t you think this is worth one chance?” He asked. Ajabdeh inhaled.

“What if it doesn’t work?” She sounded scared. “We have so much at stake, the company, the families, Heer and Shakti…”

“You think I did not think of that?” He smiled. “That is all I have been thinking of since the first time I kissed you.”

“Then why did you never say anything?” Ajabdeh looked perplexed. “Do you have any idea what it feels like…”

“It took me years to accept my feelings for you. Hell, it took months to just admit that dating Samaira was my petty way to get you out of my head.” Ajabdeh looked like she did not believe a word coming out of his mouth.

“That’s impossible, that was high school.” She shrugged.

“Really? And you didn’t feel the same?” Pratap shook his head. “I came back with an idea of you I carried in my heart, hoping to ask you out. Only to hear from Jalal…”

“I was heartbroken, and he cared. He always cared.” Ajabdeh shook her head.

“So did I, the only difference being he reached out and I was scared of consequences.” Pratap almost pleaded. “Don’t you understand that?”

“Then what changed tonight?” Ajabdeh shook her head. “The risks did not vanish.” Pratap breathed in, closing his eyes before staring back at her, holding her face with both his palms.

“I am willing to risk it all because I love you. I know you don’t believe me, but I love you more than you can imagine.” Ajabdeh suddenly felt overwhelmed as he smiled at her sparkling eyes.

“What… what about… this… and Bade Papa…” She asked, a little worried.

“I promise I will handle everything. You will not regret it.” Pratap pleaded. All Ajabdeh could do was nod unsurely as she held his wrist. She had no strength to say no, she had no moments to think of the what-ifs. He was right, she had tried too hard all her life and got hurt. She had hurt others who had been good to her. Maybe even if this hurt, it would be worth the pain.

“You will be fine with my past and my unapologetic opinions and me being your boss?” She asked, unsurely, as he nodded. “I, too, have a past, my own opinions and my work, all of which you know, accept and don’t judge.” He reassured her.

“What now?” She asked, a little flustered. Pratap answered with a lingering smile, kissing her forehead as she hugged him. Pratap closed his eyes as his hand travelled from her hip to her back, holding her closer as for the first time he felt the hollowness in his being evaporate into warmth. Ajabdeh closed her eyes as she could hear him breathing, his heart thumping as loudly as hers. He kissed her head again as she moved her head, smiling at him.

“There is something else you should know, but you have to promise not to tell Jalal.” Pratap frowned at her words. He wanted to tell her not to ruin their moment talking of Jalal, but he knew she would be offended and assume he was thinking wrongly about her impending feelings for her ex. He nodded. 

“Should we go upstairs and talk?” She suggested getting away from his embrace. “Not in a public place.” He nodded. He followed her to the elevator and back to her room. They sat down on the couch as he removed his jacket and unbuttoned the top buttons of his shirt so that he could breathe. Ajabdeh paced the room, still in her dress, abandoning her heels as she said, “Hamida Aunty wants Rukaiya to … umm… get engaged to Jalal.” She stopped at his glance.

“What?” Pratap sat up straight at her words. “Does Rukaiya…” Ajabdeh shook her head. “I told her to speak to Jalal.” She sat down on the couch and bunned her hair up.

“Talk to him?” Pratap sounded alarmed. “Rukaiya can’t tell him to…”

“Why not? People should communicate.” Ajabdeh snapped.

“Yes, you are suddenly an expert in communication, eh?” He looked amused as he bit his lower lip, and she stared at him disapprovingly.

“Whatever, I am sure he will call you once she talks.” He eyed her suggestive tone.

“And what is it you want me to do, Madam?” He eyed her suspiciously. Ajabdeh smiled faintly. “You will know what to say.” Pratap eyed her, removing her bracelet as he leaned in, making her stop.

“What?” She asked, cheeks flushing red.

“You would be wrong to think I would just walk away tonight.” He raised his brows as Ajabdeh turned her back to him. 

“Here, start with this.” Pratap looked a little taken aback at her bashfulness as he took his time to undo the zipper. Ajabdeh looked amused at his face as she giggled. “I warned you, you can’t handle me.”

“Try me.” He trapped her between the couch and his arms as Ajabdeh let her head rest on the armrest of the couch, and her manicured fingers lingered on his face, “Are you sure?” She asked as he answered by tugging at the halter neck that was tied at her neck as he kissed her chin, neck, collar bone and shoulders. He breathed in, as Ajabdeh inhaled. Their mouths found each other as his hand travelled to lift her dress and find her bare waist, exploring her curves while her hands got busy unbuttoning his shirt. Pratap sat up straight, holding her by the hand, helping her up, as he removed her dress in a hurry, and Ajabdeh reached for his belt. He let his eyes soak in her image for a moment, making her conscious as she blushed, and he carried her to the bed. Ajabdeh’s hand found his hardness as he travelled up her thigh to the wetness throbbing as her eyes told an unspoken desire. Pratap inhaled as his hand explored her, making her moan. He let himself get carried away as her mouth pleasured him.

“We should stop.” He sounded alarmed as he finished, and Ajabdeh looked confused. “What?” She tried not to sound displeased as he inhaled. 

“I don’t want our first time like this.” He blurted. “I have waited too long, and I can wait longer.” Ajabdeh suddenly felt overwhelmed as he drew her into a cuddle, placing his arm under her head as she nudged at him. “Okay.” She nodded as he smiled, kissing her warm cheek. Before long, he was asleep, and Ajabdeh could see him smile in his sleep as his hand held hers, fingers entwined. She moved away a little for a better view as she wondered about the storm they would face once they told everyone. Worse, she was not sure of Pratap’s assurances of handling things. She picked up her purse from the bedstand and found her phone. There were two missed calls and a text from Bade Papa, and Ajabdeh was not sure what to say to him. She switched off her phone and cuddled closer to Pratap to sleep. He hugged her in his sleep, and she looked at his face, wondering if she had woken him. His slow breathing was evidence of his deep slumber as Ajabdeh kissed his nose with a lingering smile.


Popular posts from this blog

A Future to Plan

The Legend of Maharana Pratap: An Introduction

Copyright Disclaimer

© Suranya Sengupta Raabta (2013-2026) All Rights Reserved. All original content on this website Raabta including writings, stories, poetry, historical fiction, articles, and other intellectual property (collectively, "Content") is the exclusive property of Suranya Sengupta and protected under the Indian Copyright Act, 1957, as amended, and applicable international copyright conventions, including the Berne Convention.Personal, non-commercial viewing and reading for private use is permitted. Without prior express written consent from the copyright holder, the following uses are strictly prohibited: (i) reproduction, distribution, adaptation, or creation of derivative works from the Content; (ii) scraping, data mining, crawling, or automated extraction; (iii) use of Content to train, fine-tune, or develop artificial intelligence models, machine learning algorithms, large language models (LLMs), or any generative AI technologies; and (iv) any commercial exploitation whatsoever.Unauthorized use constitutes copyright infringement and may result in civil and criminal penalties, including but not limited to demands for statutory damages, actual damages, profits, and injunctive relief. For licensing inquiries or permissions, contact the author Last updated: February 4, 2026.